Moving (again)



Don't worry! I didn't move to a new city or state, just to a new, and better, apartment in Portland. Moving is truly a double edged sword. On the one hand, I hate pulling all my stuff apart and fitting it in boxes, on the other hand, it's great to be forced to take stock of what I actually own and it's even more worth it when the place you move to is better than the last! I'm so excited to be in a larger place that has, wait for it, a washer and dryer!! That is unheard of in New York. Of course, what I am truly in disbelief over is the fact that I now have a studio in a separate room! I have dreamed of having a studio space since I graduated from college and at last the dream is a reality. I had a great time deciding what would go on the wall.

I won't go into all the boring details of our move, but I will say that I do not want to visit Ikea again for a very, very long time. We spent too many hours building things over the past few weeks, but I'm so pleased with the results. We were also lucky enough to get some furniture from my parents. I love painting furniture, so the task of washing, sanding and painting two old bookshelves was very satisfying. Below is my Flipagram of the process of rejuvenating one of the bookshelves that was in my dad's childhood bedroom.

Comments

Popular Posts