Pamela Zagarenski




I would like to introduce one of my favorite illustrators, Pamela Zagarenski. She happens to be from my home town, and I first met her and saw her work a few years ago –and I have been in awe ever since. The sense of whimsy and dream-like quality to her work is something I wish I could achieve in my own. I particularly like the multi-media aspect of her work; the text she places in most of her pieces is always fantastic. Someday when I have a lot of money I'm going to buy one of her original large paintings and hang it somewhere in my house. But in the mean time, I'll just have to enjoy the images she shares online and in books.
She has also published a number of children's books with Scholastic. You can see them here. I admire that she is able to be successful while sticking with hand made art. I hope I can do the same.

Comments

Popular Posts