Mmmm, PIE

Oh. MY. It's my dad's blackberry pie! I desperately wish I was at home right now to eat this. Mmmm . . . sweat delicious home made pie. No one can make pie like my dad, and he doesn't even make his own crust! (Shhh, it's a secret). I don't know the recipe exactly (and he probably can't even tell you), but I would guess it's pretty close to this:

Blackberry Pie

2 9" frozen Oronoque Orchards pie crusts
4 cups fresh blackberries
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter

1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2) Remove both pie crusts from freezer, turn one upside down on a cutting board
3) Combine berries, flour, sugar and lemon juice. Spoon into pie shell, and dot with butter.
4) Gently loosen the 2nd pie crust from aluminum and cut into 3/4 inch strips.
Create a lattice for the crust if desired.
5) Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
Continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes, or until browned.
6) Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts