Bill Cunningham


Bill Cunningham New York Trailer from Gavin McWait on Vimeo.

"Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life, I don't think you could do away with it. It would be like doing away with civilization, that's what I think."           —Bill Cunningham

I have never thought of myself as a particularly fashionable person, nor someone who cares very much for the fashion world; but every week I look forward to seeing Bill Cunningham's work for the New York Times in the form of "On the Street". These slideshows are particularly fascinating to me, as a New Yorker, because he manages to capture glimpses into the street fashion of New York, which ties into the weather, or particular events.
So I was very excited when I found out that someone had made a documentary about him. This inside look into his life surprised me. I was so inspired by his enthusiasm and dedication to his work. The clear passion he has for what he does, and his humility about what he has achieved is astounding. I related to his view on life when he says "He who seeks beauty will find it". Nothing could be more true. I think we should all hope to be so taken with our work. He is a truly remarkable person.

Comments

Popular Posts