RARE


RARE from Joel Sartore on Vimeo.

I discovered this amazing video through National Geographic. The video is basically a promotion for the book Rare: Portraits of America's Endangered Species, that Joel Sartore, a National Geographic photographer, has created. I can't wait to find the book in a bookstore soon! I think the video speaks volumes about the natural world. Looking into the eyes of these creatures, I don't see a bird or a bug, I see just another species, like one of us, trying to make its way in the world. Who are we, almighty man, to decide the fate of all other species we think "beneath" us in intelligence and capability? I recently came across a quote which I think can explain why so many species are becoming extinct at such an alarming rate:

When the last tree is cut,
When the last river is emptied,
When the last fish is caught,
Only then will Man realize that he can not eat money.

Comments

Popular Posts