Washington

I just got back from yet another excellent trip spent exploring more of America. I had been to Seattle before, but I had never seen any other part of Washington State. The most remarkable thing for me was seeing the forests surrounding Mount Rainier. During the hike we took I saw the most incredible trees. The forests are so tall and dense - nothing like what I've ever seen on the east coast. The immensity of them is daunting, but comforting at the same time. The silence is like a serene cocoon, moving with you as you walk in the shadows of ancient giants.

I like this quote from John Muir:
"Few are altogether deaf to the preaching of pine trees. Their sermons on the mountains go to our hearts; and if people in general could be got into the woods, even for once, to hear the trees speak for themselves, all difficulties in the way of forest preservation would vanish."





Comments

Popular Posts