Oh. MY. It's my dad's blackberry pie! I desperately wish I was at home right now to eat this. Mmmm . . . sweat delicious home made pie. No one can make pie like my dad, and he doesn't even make his own crust! (Shhh, it's a secret). I don't know the recipe exactly (and he probably can't even tell you), but I would guess it's pretty close to this:
2 9" frozen Oronoque Orchards pie crusts
4 cups fresh blackberries
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2) Remove both pie crusts from freezer, turn one upside down on a cutting board
3) Combine berries, flour, sugar and lemon juice. Spoon into pie shell, and dot with butter.
4) Gently loosen the 2nd pie crust from aluminum and cut into 3/4 inch strips.
Create a lattice for the crust if desired.
5) Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
Continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes, or until browned.